I was tagged by Carey and, since it is 4:11 a.m. and I am dreadfully wide awake, I am going to overlook the fact that I don't normally do these lists and I'll put myself "out there." So, without further ado, here is my list.
1. The throw pillows on our bed HAVE (I mean, really!) to be in a certain place. It drives me completely bonkers if <ahem> someone (who will remain nameless, but I'm married to him and he loves to push this particular button) thinks it's fun to rearrange them.
2. My favorite late afternoon snack is a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter straight from the spoon. No bread or crackers, please, just the PB. (Dawn will SO get this.)
3. If I have a lot on my mind or heart then I can't sleep. This isn't particularly weird, I know, but it sure is aggravating right about now when my house is all quiet and the people I love are sleeping soundly...and I can't!
4. I generally check every door in the house before turning in at night. I may have watched Mike lock the front door and may know for a fact that no one has gone through either of the back doors in days. But yet I have to check anyway...(Good thing my friend and my son are both going to be psychologists, don't ya think?)
5. I'm not a pet person. AT ALL. And, I promise, I do believe that every one of my friends has a dog. It makes me wonder if there is just something wrong with me, like maybe I'm missing the "must have a dog or life is not complete" gene. Thank goodness I seem to have found the one man in the world who shares my need for a canine-free household. (Having said that, I DO think my friends have very cute dogs and they know I enjoy visiting their pets in very brief snatches, right friends?)
6. I don't like to mail Christmas cards a few a time. I want to mail them in one great, big, HUGE stack. (This is on my mind because I have them right here next to me in my office, just waiting for tomorrow's mail.) I love seeing them all piled up, addressed and ready to go, knowing that in just a few days a little piece of our home will make its way to the people we love most in this world.
Ok, so they aren't the weirdest things, but I it's so late/early that I'm now contemplating just putting on a pot of coffee and calling it a night.
On second thought, maybe that's the weirdest thing yet...